Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

A few more picture before we go. We leave for HK tomorrow (taking the train) and we spend one night then jump on a plane for home. It is bitter sweet, we leave the country our babies were born and bring them to their new home. We miss home so much and just today Nate said he missed home too. I asked him what he missed the most and he said, his highchair! It never really occurred to me that he would miss that, it broke my heart a little. We miss home yet we will miss China so much too. It's a shame it is half way across the world but we will be back some day.
I leave you with some photos from the last few days. Not sure if I will get to post again before we get on the plane so we ask for a few prayers.

We have safe travel, no delays, and peace as we travel.
That all the kids stay healthy, in good spirits and no breakdowns. We will be on the plane for 13 hours straight.
We don't hit bad weather coming into Newark on Friday.
We leave on Friday at 2pm and arrive on Friday at 6pm, the longest day of our lives! Pray we can get some sleep on the plane, have lots of patience, and have no delays.
When we get home we can all deal with jet lag and recover quickly.
As soon as we land on US soil, the girls become US citizens! Praise the lord!
Thank you for your comments and and for your prayers, they mean so much.
See you in a few days!

5 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

These beautiful little girls look so comfortable with their mommy and daddy. I am so proud of Nate as he appears to have done so well. What a well adjusted young man he is. We will be praying for your specific request and specifically pray that the girls and Nate all sleep at the same time which allows you and Paul some rest as well. We wish we could be there when you land in Orlando and have a great big welcome home party for your beautiful family. How far you have come in the 4 years since we first met you and Paul. We serve an awesome God who has truly blessed you and Paul. You have our prayers.

Claudia said...

We are so happy and grateful for how well your travels have gone so far. I feel your anxiety about traveling with 3 children...been there, done that ;) We'll be praying for you all.
I have a feeling it will all work out well and you'll be so very glad to be finally home.
much love,
the Shedd's

China Dreams said...

Praying for safe and smooth travels for you all,

Ruby

Debbie Sauer said...

Have a safe trip. I'll be looking for updates and pictures. Blessings

Erica said...

Hi Karen! What awesome and beautiful pictures you have posted! I have loved catching up and reading about all of the adventures you have been on :-) I'm sure by the time you read this, you will be home and I'm praying that the adjustment for the girls and for you, Nate and Paul is going as smoothly as possible.

The girls are just precious. I love their smiles and their sweet little faces. I just want to hug them through the pictures!

I have to ask what kind of stroller you ended up getting and if you like it. We are thinking about buying a double as well!

I will be signing up to bring you a meal and can't wait to give you a hug when I see you :-)

Praying for you all!

Sincerely,

Erica